Skip to main content

Dynamic Workflow Task

• 21 February 2018
  • 1 reply

Is there a way in K2 Five to dynamically create multiple instances of a task step using the smartobject list and assign tasks to the different set of users/groups. 

For example  

Workflow Instance 1: smart object will return 3 records based on some criteria and it will create 3 tasks ( or clone) of the step and assign to users/group based on data from smart object

WorkFlow Instance 2:  smart object will return 1 record based on some criteria and it will create 1 tasks ( or clone) of the step and  assign to users/group based on data from smart object

Also, is this something we can accomplish using sub process.  ???????

15288iFF01526BCB7B37BC.gif

13299iD4EDA3D18E5FCFE4.gif

Hi,

This should be possible. You might not need IPC event (child process) for this. It all depends on your scenario, see sample below.

1. Have a SmartObject that stores user information  (i.e. FQN, Group_name, or Group_ID). I use a SmartBox SmartObject for this setup.

2. Add a Reference step in the workflow and set it up to use the SmartObject in Step 1. The configuration is based on Group_ID. For example, user1 and user2 have GroupID value 1, user3 has GroupID value 2. 

3. Configure the Recipients to use the userEmail or userFQN from early reference step. When the workflow runs, user's task will create according to GroupID. In my example, two tasks are created for two users in group 1 (GroupID value = 1).