Question

Add an additional user to an in-progress task

• 26 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

Is there any possible way to add an additional user to an in-progress task? In my example, the workflow reached the user task and assigned individual user tasks to a set of people (each person received an email with their own task link). While that review task stays open for about 2 weeks, the business has requested to assign that task to an additional person. We don't want to delegate or re-assign any existing user's task because the original set of people still need to complete their task. However, we just want to assign that in-progress task to one more person.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Does the new person that you assign to this task also need to receive an e-mail, or will they get to the task via workspace or some other task list? Was this task assigned to a K2 Role or some other means of assignment?

Badge +1

No need to receive email.
The task id assigned for a list of users ( no Role)

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Regrettably, I don’t think there is a way to do this without using K2 Roles as the destination for the task. The only solution I can think of is that you’ll need to restart this part of the workflow using K2 Management which will then include the new user. This has the unfortunate side-effect of invalidating the task links in the e-mails that were previously sent out, and a new set of e-mails will then be sent. If the two recipients of these initial e-mails can be contacted you can hopefully explain the situation and let them know to delete the original e-mail regarding the task.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

If you share/delegate the task, the original users that were assigned the task will still have access to it; only a redirect will reassign the task from userA to userB such that userA won’t have access to it anymore.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

If they share/delegate, though, either user can complete it (the original recipient or the delegate). I have the impression that all three need to complete the task. If that is not true, then share/delegate is the right choice