Skip to main content

I recently updated my system to .NET 4.6 and how receive this error when trying to open any of my kprx files.

This is in VS2010 or VS2013 I'm using K2 4.6.11 and it happens on two different machines.

11669i8798441AFC587DBD.png

Hi,

Can you verify that the K2 Service is running on the server that you are testing on?

Hi JArthur,

Have you fixed the problem? I have the same issue as yours. I upgrade to .NET 4.5 and have the problem when open kprx file in VS2013.

Thanks

Does anyone have a fix for that. We get the same error after VIsual Studio upgrade to VS 2013

Go to the K2 object browser and set environment. After upgrading you would need to setup environment connection in visual studio.

Hi JArthur

After doing some searched I found the below link addressing the spesified error "Value cannot be null. Paramater Name: Field"

Please have a look at this article regarding possible solution options.

http://community.k2.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/TKB_blackpearl/article-id/4760

Link's Extracted Script:

SELECT Environment.IsDefault,Environment.EnvironmentName ,FieldType.FriendlyName

AS "Field type" ,Field.FieldName ,Field.FieldDescription ,Field.IsDefault ,FieldValue.[FieldValue] ,

CONVERT(NVARCHAR(MAX), FieldValue.CreateTime, 20) AS CreateTime ,

CONVERT(NVARCHAR(MAX), FieldValue.[ModifyTime], 20) AS [ModifyTime] ,FieldValue.[OwnerFullName] ,FieldValue.[CreatedBy] ,FieldValue.[ModifiedBy] ,Field.FieldDescription ,Field.Autodiscover ,Field.ModifiedBy

AS 'Field ModifiedBy' ,

CONVERT(NVARCHAR(MAX), Field.[ModifyTime], 20) AS 'Field ModifyTime' ,FieldValue.[FieldId] ,FieldValue.[EnvironmentId]

FROM [K2].[Environment].[FieldValue] FieldValue

LEFT JOIN [K2].[Environment].Field on Field.FieldId=FieldValue.FieldId

LEFT JOIN K2.Environment.FieldType

ON FieldType.TypeId = Field.TypeId

LEFT JOIN [K2].[Environment].Environment

ON Environment.EnvironmentId=FieldValue.EnvironmentId

ORDER BY 1 desc,2,3,4 

@RaymondJVRwrote:

Hi JArthur

After doing some searched I found the below link addressing the spesified error "Value cannot be null. Paramater Name: Field"

Please have a look at this article regarding possible solution options.

http://community.k2.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/TKB_blackpearl/article-id/4760

Link's Extracted Script:

SELECT Environment.IsDefault,Environment.EnvironmentName ,FieldType.FriendlyName

AS "Field type" ,Field.FieldName ,Field.FieldDescription ,Field.IsDefault ,FieldValue.[FieldValue] ,

CONVERT(NVARCHAR(MAX), FieldValue.CreateTime, 20) AS CreateTime ,

CONVERT(NVARCHAR(MAX), FieldValue.[ModifyTime], 20) AS [ModifyTime] ,FieldValue.[OwnerFullName] ,FieldValue.[CreatedBy] ,FieldValue.[ModifiedBy] ,Field.FieldDescription ,Field.Autodiscover ,Field.ModifiedBy

AS 'Field ModifiedBy' ,

CONVERT(NVARCHAR(MAX), Field.[ModifyTime], 20) AS 'Field ModifyTime' ,FieldValue.[FieldId] ,FieldValue.[EnvironmentId]

FROM [K2].[Environment].[FieldValue] FieldValue

LEFT JOIN [K2].[Environment].Field on Field.FieldId=FieldValue.FieldId

LEFT JOIN K2.Environment.FieldType

ON FieldType.TypeId = Field.TypeId

LEFT JOIN [K2].[Environment].Environment

ON Environment.EnvironmentId=FieldValue.EnvironmentId

ORDER BY 1 desc,2,3,4 

Hi RaymondJVR,

I use the solution from link you post.

But still no success.

any suggestion please?

I have tried YPawar suggestion too with no luck.

Thanks,

Hi there,

Are you able to create a new process? does the error only occur when opening existing processes? When you open the designer, are there any messages in the lower left-hand corner? (See image for example - this is from K2 Studio so it may look different in K2 for Visual Studio)

Hi Arthur,

Please have a look at this possible solution.

https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt133537

Thanks