Skip to main content

Ok,

This is weird, no matter what i try, it doesn't work

Got a Visible Text Area for users to enter text into.

I then have a hidden Data label with an en expression to put the contents of the Text Area into the Data label.

Up to now this works

But in my rules, i then hide the Text Area and show the Data Label, but it's blank.... why?

I'm doing this because when creating a PDF from a text area, it cuts off everything, so tranferring the contents to a Data Label should auto-size it.

But for some reason it's not working when doing this in HIDE, SHOW control rules....

Any ideas?

I had this problem.  On my view I have the same control twice.  Once it is a Text Area, second time it is a data label.  The data label is hidden.  You then don't need to use any expressions or rules to move the data from one control to another.

I created an unbound rule in my view which hides the text area and shows the data label.  On the form just before the pdf rule is called, call this external rule.

(I used different parameters to specify what my user sees at what time)

It's a confirmed bug....

Found that it's the WATERMARK causing the bug

If the watermark is empty, the rules don't work (go figure that out........ only took me 2 days to find that out lol)

If you add Watermark text it works.

Just spoke with K2 this afternoon, they will report it as a bug. Another way round suggested by k2 was to add a Space character to the watermark if u want it to look as if it's empty.

:-)