Skip to main content

Just upgraded our development environment to 4.7 We have custom workflow solution. I tried deploying this using both Visual Studio and K2 studio which resulted in the following error:

Task Error: System.Exception: Forms Generation publishing has failed: Please ensure that if you are deploying this project that you are not attempting to do so on client. Deployment package needs to be created and run on the server in order to publish forms correctly.

Any suggestions

Hi,

Did you use Form generation client event in the workflow?

According to the link below, the following prerequisites are required
1. Windows SDK version 7.1
2. Web Deployment projects 2008 and 2010

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/UserGuide/4.6.5/webframe.html#Forms_Generation_Client_Event_Overview.html

Khanh,

I am deploying this solution directly on K2 development server. This server does have K2 Workspace installed. IIS is already installed on this server. Need to check on Windows SDK version 7.1 and Web deployment projects 2008 and 2010. 

For Windows SDK version 7.1 the OS we are on is not supported. Currently I am on Windows Server 2012 R2. Below are System Requirements for Windows 7 SDK

Supported Operating System

Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition (32-bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 Edition , Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 3

• Platform architecture: Install this SDK on and/or create applications for platform chipsets X86, X64, and Itanium.
    • .NET Framework: Create applications that target .NET Framework versions 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.
    • Visual Studio: Use the resources in this SDK with Visual Studio versions 2005, 2008, and 2010, including Express editions (Not all features work with all versions of Visual Studio. For example, you cannot use the .NET 4 tools with Visual Studio 2008.
      Supported Operating System

Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP

System Requirements for Visual Studio Web deployment Projects Required Software:

• Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Test Edition

• Microsoft .NET Feamework 3.5

• Supported Visual Studio Editions:

• Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition

• Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition

• Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite

• Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Architecture Edition

• Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Developer Edition

Note: Web Deployment Projects are not supported with Visual Studio 2008 Express Editions.

Hi Sello

I am using K2 service account to deploy the solution

I was finally able to deploy entire solution successfully. There was a project with Form Generation Event. After isolating this project file, I had to re-add this event which did the trick.

Install Web Deployment Projects 2010 from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24509 will fix the issue