Skip to main content

Hello,

I am facing one error in Smart Form for user.

System Value Current User - Name is not taking cuurent Logged in User. It is taking Service account.

Kindly advice.

Thanks

Hi Madhusudan01

As far as I tested there are two ways to get the current user name on the form.

This will be by giving the control a value from an expression where the current user is specified, or by creating a transfer data rule and then setting the data on the desired control to the current user.

Both of these methods uses the current logged on user details on the form.

Hello Peiter,

Thank you for input.

I am using transfer data rule, and storing user name in datalable.

But for some users it is not picking Logged in user name, it is taking Service Account (Some other username).

I need help to understand from where this Variable - System Values->Current User -> Display Name is getting values.

As it is not Windows Login User Name.

Thanks

I've had this before but it was because of sticky sessions, I have in the past just opened an inprivate or incognito session and the value comes back as expected. Worth a try at least!

Hello,

I tried, I tried "Run as different User" in IE aslo. I tried in google chrome also. But same result.

I confirmed the logged in User Name using Echo %USerName% command it was correct.

But the Variable 'Display Name' is not picking the correct Username. It is hapanning for few user only.

Is it possible to check from where this variable 'Display Name' is getting value. Is there any table in K2 system database.

Thanks.

Hi Madhusudan,

You can check the display name of that specific user by executing the user role manager smart object or you can check the identity tables in K2 database.

Thanks,

Vijay

Hello Vijay,

Thank you for your help.

I checked in User Role Manager Smart Object and in Identity table. User Display name is appearing correct.

Could you please suggest any other reasons why System Variable is picking Service Account (Not Logged In User Name).

Thanks.

Hi,

Can anyone let me know the solution for this query?

We also started observing this issue on production environment. It was working fine on all lower environments.

Sometimes current user is coming blank or sometimes it is coming with Service Account value for few users.