Skip to main content

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if users have editing permissions on a Smartobject (Smartbox) via an Editable List?

If i provide a form with an editable list on it, do users have Add/edit/remove rights on it by default or not?

I have provided a form for a particular team to edit the smartobject data, but they tell me they get errors and its not saving the changes they make.

So do i need to grant any permissions under the Workspace - Smartbox - Security - Smartobject itself to a group or not?

Thanks

Hi,

what kind of error message do they need?

Does to users have the permission to save into the database or sharepoint list or what ever?

In my projects I never had to give special permissions to a SMO just to the place where the users want so save the data.

Kind Regards

Alexander

They didn't give me the error, but did say they made multiple changes to different existing rows, then clicked save and it didn't save the records.

By default does everyone have editing permissions to a Smartobject via an Editable list?

The other thing i noticed myself was when you select multiple rows in the editable list and click delete, the form hangs and doesn't delete the rows. There are 1000+ rows of data.

What i find really annoying is that K2 don't allow setting the editable list to 100 records per screen and editing fields at the same time. When if ever will this get added?