Skip to main content

Hi guys,

Is it possible to render a checkbox in a K2 smartforms list view display area. When I add a check box to a list view, I can see the checkbox renders as a check box in the add/edit area. But as soon as you apply the changes to the editable list. The Check box becomes a data label and the value that is shown is true or false and not the checkbox with the tick or untick.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Checkbox's are not a control that the List View can render.  Is there something your shooting for in the view to allow for multiple selections?

Thanks you for your reply. The scenario is that a user will get a list of items and they have to tick or untick depending on if they have the item or not. I could not use a checkbox list because each item has other corresponding fields and not just one field. For example:

Item Name             ItemCost              ComfirmYes/No 

item 1                            50                               checkbox

item 2                            45                                checkbox

Is there a workaround to solve this scenerio? 

thanks

I might have a simple solution for you.  I have had the need for checkboxes within the List View as well in the past.  I have been able to bypass this by having an Item View and a List View within one form.  When you  click on the List item it loads the Item View with the data.  One of the controls on the Item view is a check box.  

In your scenario the user would click the Item from the List view, it would load the Item view and they can check or uncheck the confirm box.  They could update the check box field then have a button that submits that data then refreshes the List View.

You can also accomplish this with buttons.  Just depends on what is more comfortable with your users:

Thank you very much, those are some excellent ideas. I decided to do something similar using your idea. When the user clicks on an item it opens a subview with the details of the item they clicked on  and then they are able to check/uncheck or edit the details in the sub view and when they close the subview, the update is made to the list view.

Hi,

just want to ask, how to change the label to Yes/No. Because I always get True/False.

Would love to know that too

I dont know if that is possibe with checkboxes. Instead of using a check box I decided to use drop down lists and just put a static value of Yes/No and change the data type to text. This way when the user selects Yes then it will transfer "Yes" in the display area.

Hi,

since there has been no resolution till now, let me try to explain how we handled this issue:

1. Create a new unbound column (data label) in the list view.

2. Check the literal option for the body

Hope that helps.

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Appreciate your solution very much.

Any idea to convert a multiple value field to display as checkbox in list view?

Thank you.

Thanks!

This was most helpful.

For others to note, I did still have to do the boolean conversion even though my field was a yes/no type field. Also dont forget to make the data type Text as stated. Even though it will save it won't work unless you do.

Thank you very much for the posting. This was exactly what I needed to do. Great Help!!!