Skip to main content

Hi, 

I have a form that uploads documents to a file share. 

Works lovely. 

I'd like to create a log file on the same file share, where information regarding each new upload is appended to a text log file. 

Hope some can help.

Craig

Hello Craig,

I don't think this is possible out of the box. However, we could load these values into a SmartObject and then use that SmartObject as the report. We can utilize this SmartObject in a lot of different ways once we have the data in there. 

Hi 

Hi,

If you don’t mind storing data in SmartBox SmartObject, then an easy way is to have SmartBox SmartObject to capture the user information (i.e. Name and DateTime via System Value). The Smartbox SmartObject can have username, DateTime properties, etc.. and when the Upload File method call from the form, a record will be created via this SmartBox SmartObject's Create method, this will keep track of the uploaders. The other option like you said, is to create a custom service broker that will make use of this.

I have the EXACT same need in where we are going to try and save PDFs to a file share in order for a group to write a script to grab the File and upload it into P8 since this doesn't appear to be a service we can integrate with directly.   We are being told we need a .txt file along with the PDF File for index purposes.

Did you ever get an answer for this?