Skip to main content

So, I'm experimenting with the MultiSelect control and Checkbox list control

Here's my observation:

The MultiSelect control writes to the database column like:

1;5;3  where each value is simply the numeric value of the SmartObject ID separated by a semi colon

The checkbox list control writes to the database like:

<collection><object parentid="94c19dea-652b-41d6-ba1c-c055e1cf337c" parenttype="Object"><fields><field name="ID"><value>5</value></field><field name="ID"><value>10</value></field><field name="ID"><value>11</value></field><field name="ID"><value>3</value></field></fields></object></collection>

So...question.  Is there a way to make the checkbox list control write 1;5;3 instead of <collection><object parentid="94c19dea-652b-41d6-ba1c-c055e1cf337c" parenttype="Object"><fields><field name="ID"><value>5</value></field><field name="ID"><value>10</value></field><field name="ID"><value>11</value></field><field name="ID"><value>3</value></field></fields></object></collection>?  

Thanks...

Rob

Hey  Rob,

Try this..

Instead of the Check Box list control drag the Choice Control onto the canvas, then under it's properties change the Data Type option to MultiValue.

Hope this helps!

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.