Skip to main content

I have tried looking at some other articles to establish whether any of the below actions are possible, but the responses consistently start with "not possible out of the box" so I thought I'd group them together and get a wider response. In 4.7, how do you:

1. Store collection of results returned by a smartobject call (designer or studio)
  2. Copy/paste rules (designer)
  3. Copy/paste expressions (designer)
  4. Copy/paste controls (designer)
  5. Undo design changes (designer)
  6. Bulk update controls i.e. style, state, location (designer)
  7. Find references to a parameter/rule/control (designer or studio)
  8. Specify column widths explicitly, rather than dragging each one to a certain percentage (designer)
  9. Add buttons to a list view (designer)
  10. Count the number of items in a choice control (designer)
  11. Pass variables in to rules (designer)
  12. Dynamically add controls to a view (designer)
  13. Center align column headings (designer)
  14. Add additional columns to the worklist control (designer)
  15. Sort list of parameters alphabetically (designer) 

In reference to Question 9 how do you  :"Add buttons to a list view (designer)", please click on the provided link below:

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.7/default.htm#How_Tos/How_To_DocuSign/CustEnvSearchFilter.htm

Do the following:

1. Scroll down until you see "Steps".

2. Navigate  to step 6, click on the arrow to collapse it, to be able to view  the walkthrough steps on how to add a button.

Please view the other steps aswell, as they can help remedy the other listed questions.

Note: K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Hello Pete,

I will try to answer as many of your questions as I can. Please see the answers below.

#1. Use Data Fields or Item References to store SmartObject calls directly. The Create Reference Event allows you to specify which Smartobject Method you would like to use and stores this as an Item Reference in the context browser.

#2. This is currently under development and should be added in an upcoming release.

#3. Also in the works.

#4. This is available in the K2 Five/Cloud HTML 5 Workflow Designer. Not yet available for forms.

#5. This is available in the HTML 5 Workflow Designer. I think this is coming with the same update as #2 for forms.

#6. Not currently available. 

#7. This would be a great idea. Let's log this to Ideas.K2.com. 

#10. Count the number of items in a choice control (designer)

This would also be a great idea to have added to Smartforms. Let's log this to Ideas.K2.com as well. 

#11. Pass variables in to rules (designer)

Do you mean variables from a Workflow? If this is the case, then you can do this on the Open a Worklist Item rule. You can pass Data Fields/Variables as well as item references between Forms and Workflows. THe K2 for SharePoint Auto generated Forms and Workflow are a great resource to see how this is configured.

#12. Dynamically add controls to a view (designer)

Not currently available. Please log this as an Idea as well.

#13. Center align column headings (designer)

See the following documentation. When you have the Column selected for settings, the top toolbar has an alignment modifier. 

#14. Add additional columns to the worklist control (designer)

See the following documentation. The Layout setting allows you to modify which columns are in the control.

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2cloud/userguide/update_4/default.htm#Create/K2Designer/Controls/Worklist/WorklistControl.htm%3FTocPath%3DCreate%7CSmartForms%7CViews%7CControls%7CWorklist%2520Controls%7C_____1

#15. Sort list of parameters alphabetically (designer) 

This would also be a great idea. Please create an idea at Ideas.K2.com for this as well. 

I hope this answers most of your questions. 

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.