Solved

I have scheduled workflow but instance not triggered and not found in completed.

• 17 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +7

I have scheduled workflow to run every 3 months on 15th and send emails.

In Schedules it is showing last run on 15th August with no failure. I checked under workflow but there is no instance either in running, error or completed(under report tab) state. 

The workflow was scheduled by person and his account is deactivated now in AD.

Can any one have idea about this issue and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by TinTex 17 August 2023, 17:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@BB33

There is a note in the documentation as below:

Enables the Schedule. When selecting the Enabled check box. The user account who created the Schedule is used to start the Schedule.

When you create a Schedule, you need start rights on the workflow in order for the workflow associated to the Schedule to start. When a Schedule fails, use the HostServer logs in the following location to troubleshoot your failed Schedules: "%ProgramFiles%\ K2\ Host Server\ Bin".You can create a custom user account to start schedules for you, ensure the custom user account has start rights on the associated workflow.

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/k2five/userguide/current/Content/K2-Management-Site/Workflow_Server/Schedules.htm

The schedule will try to start the workflow as the person who created the schedule.  So, if the account in question is disabled in Active Directory, it is likely that it won’t be able to start the workflow.

What you can do is create another schedule with a custom user account that would not be disable in future, but make sure to also grant this custom user account Start rights to the associated workflow.  You can also use your own account, as long as your account has Start rights, but this may fall into the same situation if your account is disabled in AD.

Then you can delete or disable the schedule that no longer works.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @BB33 
Did this answer solve your question?