Skip to main content

We all know sometimes for support there is a popup Chat where support and customers can interact via JS Chat.

I was wondering if this will be possible in K2 and turns out to be a lot easier than you can imagine.

Using only:

1 Button + 1 Rule + 1 Param

2 Controls l Text Area / Text Field  ]

3 Expressions

12027iE9E4FC6746C738BB.jpg

Works great and does what I wanted to acomplish.

However Maybe is not the most scalable solution, neither a replacement for a real Chat application.

The Memory of the variable increases on every mesg sent. s I have not find a way to append with CSS and prevent to much data going back & fwd trough the wire ]

Does not have emoticons or color text.

Does not have channels or a way to put bot /api to have source from other places.

Does not have the ability to maintain sessions or login/join more people to the conversation and see the history.

It was a nice experiment and works fine. just wanted to share here with the community !!!.

happy k2 Hacking !!!.

Hi K2CaveMen,

Excelent article. I have done something simular in the past but i saved the data to SQL on ClientA and retrieved the "chat" on ClientB.

Some logic in the background to make sure it goes to the correct recipient :)

-Jean

So let me ask you something....

If creating a DB with the Chat Channel Name and storing the Data from the Chat. potentially will let multiple users to login to the Chat.

The History of the Chat can be retrieved to the client.

If a Channel Exist ... lets call it "Test" and somebody join the channel, the query can retrieve the history of the Chat Test.

Question is " How to push the changes trough all the open browsers who actively are watching the Test channel  without refresh the browser ?", so when somebody enter something basically send the update to the main DB data, but also send the signal to the other open browsers on that channel to insttruct to refresh and retrieve the updated data ???

Other thing... how can posibly the object only return the latest update and only append the changes in the Browser without have to send all the conversation trough the wire ?

Potentially this could like a real chat select a Nickname, enter commands like /join channel_name ... and let multiple people participate.

Perhaps a JS Tab to open multiple chats simultaneously.... maybe is trying to make to much, but just some ideas.

THX Dino.

Sup Caveman,

This looks interesting, might have a go at this later.

Any ideas why the pictures aren't appearing in your original post? There arr just triangular placeholders...