Skip to main content

I have a Fillable pdf Form (a government form) which cant be modified. At the mean time i am working with smart forms where it intakes the value and stores that into a sql database. I was wondering how can i use the values saved in db to populate that in the pdf i have whose look and feel cannot be changed.

Thank You

Hi cingeme1

This is not something that you are going to be able to do out of the box with K2. I suggest you do some research on third party tools that can auto-populate Adobe forms. Depending on how you want it to work, and what API the tool you choose has, you might be able to write a custom service broker to do the auto-populate.

Here is an example of a third party tool that allows you to maniplulate PDF documents:

http://www.aspose.com/.net/pdf-component.aspx

The thing that worked out fine to me was to use third-party form builder instead, like Adobe, PDFfiller or JotForm. I heard one could do so right inside K2, yet I hadn't figured this out to myself

Hi cingeme1,

Im trying to understand exatcly what you need?

Would it not work to populate a Form with all the data from the SQL Database and generate a PDF from that form?

-Jean