Skip to main content

Hi,

I am building a workflow using K2 Designer. and a customised form to display the worklist items for each user.

in order to open the worklist item by using customised worklist form, I need to provide the following parameters in the querystring:

1) _State 

2) FormId 

3) SerialNo

(1) above can be hardcoded. I can retrieve (2) above but I am unable to retrieve (3). The serial number is broken as ProcessInstId_ActivityInstDestId. I can only get ProcessInstId.

How do I get the ActivityInstanceDestinationId in K2 Designer in order to add to the query string and show the form correctly to the user?

Also how to retrieve _State instead of hardcoding it, would be much better.

Many thanks

How do I get the ActivityInstanceDestinationId in K2 Designer in order to add to the query string and show the form correctly to the user?

a.  When integrating with custom user task and smartforms user task, the SerialNo will be passed from the workflow to the Smartform/custom form as a form/URL parameter; so the whole SerialNo should be available when the workflow is sitting on a user task (I assume user are accessing the task from a worklist or email link?)

b.  Alternatively, you can make an openworklist() and use the process instance ID to get to the ActivityInstDestID

Also how to retrieve _State instead of hardcoding it, would be much better.

The _State will be available in the TaskURL and configured during the SmartForms User Task or Custom User Task.  This is something you decide during the configuration of the workflow and make use from the TaskURL of the worklistitem