Skip to main content

I have an editable list where i have 8 columns.

The user enters data in 5 columns, then i have expressions that fill in the last 3 columns.

Because the last three columns are filled in by expressions, the row is not SAVED. -I have to click the SAVE Toolbar button to save the record.

I want to save the record automatically, so the user does not need to click the save toolbar button.

So i edited the rule on column 8 to say "If control is changed" then execute Rule - "If Save Toolbar button is Clicked"

But the form just hangs....

Any ideas how to get it to save the record automatically? Not sure why it doesn't work, because manually cicking the SAVE TOOLBAR button works on the form...

Is there any other way? I put a seperate button on the list footer, but is there a automatic way of registering a button click?

Hi Sharpharp1,

You can execute the save button rule in list item added method.So that it will save the records as soon as you add the item to the list and no need to click on the save button.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vijay

Hi Vijay,

The Click button rule does not work if you have the row in edit mode and have expressions fill in columns. The row is not saved until you physically hit save.

I tried, when textbox is changed, do SAVE toolbar click.... This has no effect whatsoever

Bumping this up.. Any other way of doing this?

My row has 8 columns

When the user enters info in the first five columns, the last 3 columns use the first five columns to run rules and add expressions to the last 3 columns.

But the form stays in EDIT MODE.

How can we get it to save the record when the expressions are set automatically?

I tried if text box changed, do SAVE method, but this has no effect while in EDIT MODE.... Must be a way?