Skip to main content

Now i am a Novice with K2, i can make the Smartobjects , Forms and Views , Workflows ... Now i started today and i Really liked the Application now i want to do something really interesting, to design something like an application that can have a Login and then possibly a dashboard and then i can link the other forms by Hyperlink, All done inside K2

Do i have to start looking at active directories? What should i study mainly?

Hi,

you can have a look at the below documentation that contains the step-by-step instructions to build  "basic" version of the Leave Request Approval Application.

The application itself is a basic Leave Request Approval application. The workflow contains a (user) Task step, where the assigned approver will either approve or reject the request.

I think this might help you to make a complete web application.

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.1/default.htm#Tutorials/Build/LeaveRequestBasic/LeaveRequestBasicOverview.htm

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/userguide/4.7/default.htm#Resources/Projects/LeaveReqBasic/LeaveReqBasicBuildGuide.htm%3FTocPath%3DTutorials%7CLeave%2520Request%2520Approval%2520application%2520(Basic%2520version)%7C_____1

Kind regards,

Ashley

Played with that, now i need something that i can do, when a User (Who is registered on the System logs in, then he can access something like that) I wanted a Scenario where i can make something like a Login page and when the user login with his user information then he can see the form , Challenge i have is how to make a custom Login form. I can make a form to display username and password textboxes (but what if i want to make it to authenticate and then redirect) , That apparently is the challenge i am having at this point.

Hi,

As I was going through community post I found this on one of the post, you can try it as well.

there are many ways to do login page, I will explain a simple one:

let's assume the  registeration will be an administration role, so you will need to have a list with all the authenticated/registered users and has their passwords, emails, AD Name, etc..

now design a login form with two textboxes (email and password), 2 datalables(hidden) and one button

to avoid confusion I will use the following names

Password textbox = txtPassword

Email textbox = txtEmail

Password datalable = dlPassword

Email datalable = dlEmail

Login Button = btnLogin

When btnLogin is Clicked

Execute LoginUsersInfo List method (Filter it on AD Name, Where AD Name = Current User Name) => return Email and Password to the hidden datalables

If Form Passes Validation (txtEmail and txtPassword are required fields)

And If (txtEmail = dlEmail AND txtPassword = dlPassword)

Navigate to another Form

Else

Show message

Edit the validation as you wish

Uh, Read this before although it didnt make some sense, until I had to read again, now if i am to Create the register form, I should create the datatable as well? So that the users can authenticate on the same datatable ... You mean??