Skip to main content

I have a Smartform made up of 3 views, lets call it View #1, View #2 and View #3.  At the start of the workflow, I have hidden View #1 as requestor does not need to see this in order to submit the form.  After sumission, the form will flow  to manager approval before flowing to Department A to process the request.  At this point in time, Department A will eed to see View #1, View#2 and View#3 so that they can see the details need to process the application in another system.  Try as I might, I cannot get View #1 to appear again and the values in View#2 and View #3 have disappeard.  Please advise how to make View#1 appear and values to appear in Views #2 and #3?

Thank you. 

Misearble First Timer.

What kind of rules did you put in place on "Initialize" of  your form? You may need to put something in there that says if this form has a SN parameter (meaning it is the user opening a task) then show View #1.

Also, you will need a rule telling Views #2 and #3 to read their data in.

Under "When Form is initialising" in "Base state", I have 4 rules.  3 to initialize View #1, #2 and #3, then one more rule to hide View #1.  Should have I placed the "hide rulee" elsewhere?

Then I wen to "When Form is initialising" rules in "Workflow task", I added rules that when the workflow activity is routed to the processing folks, to:

(1) Show View #1

(2) The complete one after another Show View #2

To configure the rule for form with SN parameter, what is the name of the rule eg Execute a View,  Transfer data, etc?

Thanks for responding thyme777. 

Hi MBlossom, sorry to let this linger... if you are still having issues with this, I recommend putting some message boxes in your rules to see exactly which path things are taking. My recommendation about checking for the SN is not appropriate for you since you are using states, so I think you just need to troubleshoot where it is actually flowing and making sure there aren't conflicting rules hiding views after you tried to show them.

Hi, 

Please check this sample post and see if you can use the same for your requirements.

https://vijaydk2guy.wordpress.com/2018/06/30/using-states-in-smartforms-to-manage-approval-views-at-different-stages-of-workflow/

Regards,

Vijay.

Blog: vijaydk2guy.wordpress.com

Thanks guys!  I can now see View #1 when I get to step 3 although it loaded as a blank form, without contents.   Probably something wrong with the loading either at Workflow or Rules.  Will keep experimenting.