Extracting audit information from workflows

• 21 April 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

We are migrating to a new K2 server. I would like to be able to extract some information from the workflows on the old server to keep them for auditing purposes. For example we have an approval process for purchase requests and we want to be able to look up who approved a purchase request through the workflow. Currently, our business partners just view the workflow and dive into the approval action to see which participant approved and when.

Can anyone point me at either a report or the tables that contain this information so that I can export into Excel or another repository so it can be accessed after the old server is decommissioned?

1 reply

Badge +9

Hi davbro,

You can use SMO "Process Instance" and based on filter, you can fetch  all Process Instances basic info.

Based on  their Process Instance Id which you will get on "Process Instance" SMO ,  you can use below two SMO to fetch remaining details.

from "Activity Instance Destination" SMO you can fetch final Action, Start date, Finish date, Duration and Activity name etc.

from  "Activity Instance" SMO you can fetch all activities details for flow.

Try to join all data using C# as per your prerequisite and then move to audit logs.

Let me know if this helps you.