Skip to main content

I have a form that users access over the web. When the form opens the form header it includes the users name. This is actioned by a expession on a data label. The expression simply takes the  name of the current user from the system values. However, when one user opens the form the expression is not working so the data label is blank when they open the form. The other users are not experiencing this problem. When they open the form their name presents in the header as expected. 

Has any body experienced this type of issue before and if so how did you manage to reslove it. 

Regards

Andrew

Andrew

Hi Andy

That is pretty strange where all user are able to see their own names except for one user. 

The first things I would check in a situation like that would be:

1) Is the user using a browser different form the browser used by the other users?

2) If the user clears their browser cache, do they still see the same behaviour?

3) Is this specific to the expressions?

*To test nr.3, simply return the system user name on initialize via a transfer data rule to another data label without the expression in play to see if the user still has the same reuslt on the new data lable, ultimately proving if the expression is in question here.

Hope this helps

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Kind Regards

Raymond

Hi AndyR1

1) Ask the user to test it on IE browser and Chrome if the user is getting the same issue on both browsers

2) Make sure all browser are using latest version.

Should you find the information from the article useful or leading you to the answer please mark as "Solution and/or Kudo", as it will assist other k2 developers with relevant information in the near future.

Best Regards

Elvis

>K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member]