Skip to main content

There have been questions by staff here about when the escalation emails should send when the "time" they should send occur outside of business hours. We have the escalations set for either 1 day or 7 days. We currently have only Saturday and Sunday outside of working hours. Our hours are set from 8am to 5 pm. 

If you submit something that should have a one day escalation on Friday at 4 pm, when does that escalation send on Monday (the next working day)? 

I tried to test this last weekend and it seemed as if hte escalation didn't actually send until 4 pm on Monday. Even if I changed from days to hours, wouldn't the alert still wait until 4 pm on Monday to send? 

The requirement I'm getting from staff is for escalation emails to send right at 8 am if it should have sent anytime during Saturday/Sunday. Is that even possible? 

Hi mhines, 

If you have selected working hours in the escalation, then this is the correct procedure. 
"In a typical escalation, the server will count until working hours are expired and then resume counting when working hours begin again. 
For example, if it is currently 4pm (16:00), and the activity has a six hour escalation, if the working hours end at 5pm (17:00) and begin at 8am tomorrow, the escalation will happen at 1pm tomorrow."
https://help.k2.com/kb000200

There are different configurations that you can use, as well as different zones that you can setup to get past this according to your needs.
One of the easiest methods might be to not use working hours, or to setup a different zone for escalations (that only exclude weekends, but have the full 24 hours in the day count towards the Zones working hours.
Another method could possibly be to use "Escalate On" option, and use the dynamic section.
Pull in the date of the activity/process into a datafield, and then add 1 day to the datetime field. 
I have not tested the above, but depending on the process/activity that you want to escalate this might work. (Just make sure you pull in the correct value into the datafield and see if you can add a day with an inline function. This will then escalate ON the date+1 at 8am, or whenever you configure it. 

It is a bit more complex than the standard working hours, but you should be able to achieve what you want using the above. 

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.7/default.htm#Thick_Client_Wizards/Default_Act_Wizard/Activity_Escalations.htm

Regards
DeWet