Effectiveness of New Ideas Section? Would you like to be asked to vote on new development requests?

• 22 November 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a few ideas, 4 of them I see as 'essentials!' for SmartForms, fundatmentals actually, and I was advised at a K2 customer day recently that the 'ideas' section was taken seriously by the development team 'but that it depended on votes.

However, I have been using this forum for 4 months now and hadn't noticed this section from the menu options so didn't know of it's existance untill I was told and digged down into the 'useful links' section on the right (I would never look there naturally for 'important links', most users will be concentrating on resultant answers to their issues).

I am reluctant to put in my suggestions yet if it's based on 'other's voting, because it's clear that very few do vote from what I have checked out, largely I suspect because no-one is alerted of any new suggestions, and let's face it, even if members here are aware of the 'idea's section, then of a normal busy working day we are not going to go and check it regulary are we?

Does anyone think it a good idea to be 'auto emailed if a new suggestion for development is posted, so we can put our opinion forward and vote? ....... it'd be even awesomer if everyone in K2's customer  'database was emailed so we could get a seriously global opinion from all types of users!

I wouldn't object (would welcome) an auto email alert and could easily opt out by choice. What about everyone else?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Dear Julie

Thank you for your suggestion!

I spoke to the team who run the Ideas portal. They agree that receiving an email when a new idea is created, is a valid and useful request.  

We use a 3rd party service provider to run our Ideas forum and right now this functionality is not available. 

We've submitted an idea to them to try and get this implemented.

We'll be in touch if we have any more feedback on this.
Thanks

Milla