Skip to main content

Hi All,

Very basic question here - Does escalations stop when the instance is stopped/removed from K2 workspace?

I have used Escalate After option with email feature configured with 3 days and no repeat.

Now what i did is I stopped / removed the instance of that folio and then even after stopping/removing it triggered the escalation.

Any idea how can i handle this or from where i can stop it.

Regards

Zeeshan

Hi Zeeshan,

I did a quick test and it seems that when you stop the Process Instance that the Escalation still fires, but once deleting the Instance (with or without removing the Log Data) it removes the Escalation.

The data is kept in the Server.Async table with a date when to execute the Escalation.

-Jean

Hi Zeeshan,

I did some more tests, and on my side (K2 Five) when stopping the Process Instance the Async entry is kept in the Server.Async table, but the Escalation does not fire.

As soon as i restart the Process Instance the escalation fires.

The most likealy reason for this is, if you (for some reason) stop you Process Instance for 5min, but you have an escalation configured to fire in 3 days you dont want this deleted and you still want this to fire when you restart the instance.

If the escalations fire after you have stopped or deleted the Process instance, it would be best to open a ticket with support and include the following tables:

Server.Async

Server.ProcInst

Server.Proc

Server.ProcSet

-Jean