Skip to main content

Hi all,

Wondering if you can help with this.

Previously, we have had Authorisers in departments, but increasingly we are getting Authorisers moving department, but the users are still in the original department.

So when an Authorisation is rrquired, i've always used a Smartobject method to lookup the USERS Active Directory Department field and then filter all records in an AD Authorisers group to send the request to Authorisation in the same DEPARTMENT.

But now the scenario is changing, is it possible to make an Authorisers approve requests for two departments?

So for example: User is in Department A, but Authoriser can approve Departments A and B.

Is it possible to add something in the Workflow Rule / Lookup that says if the User is from Department A, then send the request to all Authorisers in Departments A & B rather than just A???

There will still be situations where a User is in Department C and there are only Authorisers in there for Department D

Thanks

The simplest way would be to have a SharePoint list or sql table with two columns, "Department" and "approver(s)". In this way you can have one or more approvers per department including having the same one for multiple departments. Look up department in AD and then look up approvers in your list.

I may have over simplified this but I hope it helps.