Skip to main content

Hello,

I use K2 Management for creating Smart Objects. This worked fine. With K2 Designer I added methods to these Smart Objects, changed field types. Up to now, all I needed. Now there is a new table in my SQL Server database . 

In K2 Management -> Integration -> Services Instances  I clicked "Refresh Service Instance" , no new Smart Object was created. (Fields in existing Smart Objects were refreshed, which is good). I used "Generate Smart Objects" and all existing SmartObjects were deleted and created. All modifications I made before (new methods, new field etc.) were lost.

So: How can I add an new SmartObject to a Service Instance without resetting all existing Objects?

Many thanks in advance,

Stefan

Hi Bauschild, 

Thank you for this community post, I would like to ask are creating the SMO with the same name as the preexisting smart objects ?  Are you selecting to use the same GUID?

Kind regards, 

Percy

Hi Percy,

I created a new table in the SQL Server database and wanted to create a new SMO for this new table. Alle other SMOs should not get modified. 

When I chose "Create" for this new table in K2 Management and check the new table all other SMOs are also created although I did not check them for update.

Is there another tool for creating SMOs

Thank you in advance,

Stefan

Hi Stefan, 

Apologies for the delayed response here. I believe you can use the smart object tester tool. Navigate to the following directory below: 

Program Files (x86) >>> K2 Blackpearl >>> Bin >>> Smart object tester 

Kind regards, 

Percy