Skip to main content

Hi,

I have created a simple Site Workflow in Nintex for Office 365, however I am finding it hard to start. I am new to Nintex Workflow for Office 365 but have 3 years’ experience in Nintex Workflows for SharePoint 2013 (on premise). In the latter one, you could start a Site Workflow by scheduling it. Is the option not available in Nintex Workflow for Office 365? If not, what are the other options for starting a Site Workflow in Office 365?

I have tried starting the Site Workflow from a List Workflow in the same site but am getting an error:

When I click on Suspended, I get this:

This is how I have configured the list workflow that is supposed to start the site workflow:

Is there anything I have wrongly configured here? I’ll really appreciate if you point me in the right direction, please.

In O365 there is no such feature as scheduled workflow‌. It's only available for on premises workflows so far. You can use a workarounds described in the forum or try 3rd party tool, from plumsail‌ (ex.: Anyone using Plumsail to schedule workflows? )

The second thing - I see that you are having a different name of the workflow shown in the "Workflow Status" pritnscreen (it says: "New Workflow") whereas your actions is configured to start a workflow having the name: "testing site wf". The configuration of the action looks ok for me. Should work as designed.

Regards,

Tomasz

'New Workflow' is the List Workflow and that is trying to start the Site Workflow called 'testing site wf'

Rrrright... My mistake happy.png

But anyway it seems to be ok... This user has permissions to trigger the site workflow?

what permissions should the user have to trigger a site workflow, please?

At least "Contribute" on the site level.

I have given myself owner permissions and now the error is a bit different:

Are you providing the right password for the user?

yes I am.

just refreshed the password and got the same error again

Maybe this solution: Unable obtain logon token, authentication failed. would work for you?

Tried it. Still the same error sad.png

I to have faced same error while using Terminate Workflow Instance.

Below the configuration details:

204808_pastedImage_1.png

204821_pastedImage_2.png

Any other solution / option?

After using a super user account which was configured as Tenant Admin this issue was resolved.

User Account with Site Collection Administration permission is in-sufficient in this case.