Skip to main content

If I restart a process that was in error, after fixing the workflow, will it take the correction or will it stay in error?

Thank you

The WorkFlow you fixed must be saved and redeployed.  All instances of that WorkFlow that have already start, like the one in error, will still be in error so you have to action them to a 'complete' status. Once you have done that they will disappear from your task list and you don't have to worry about them. Run the new, fixed workflow and you should be in the clear.

Hope I helped,
Austin

Hi MEGo25,

If you have fixed the error within the process then you must Save and redeploy the process. Then run the "Retry" within Workspace under the Error Profiles. Wait about 5 seconds and click the refresh icon and the instance that was in error should no longer appear in the Error Profiles.

Kind Regards,

Yannick

I thought so.

Thank you

Even if you re-deploy a new version of the workflow doesn't the instance in an error state stay confined to the older version that has the issue?

There is a Process Version Migration Tool in the Market which helps migrate running instances to new versions, not quite sure if it works with Error State process, but it might be good to give it a shot. This is not an official K2 tool. 

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Process-version-migration-utility/ba-p/785

It depends on the error(bug) and fix. If the bug is on handling all existing data then you can release the new process and retry all the error task with the new process version. If the bug arise due to missing data then I dont think you can repair the existing process since it will not have the necessary data to process. I dont know whether the migration tool permits to create the missing data in the process.

Nathan

If you have K2 for Visual Studio there is a process management tool built-in that can do this.

If you don't see it go to View > K2 Process Management.

11049i88562EF0338F8BB1.jpg

I don't have any processes in error state but typically you expand the left side, select the problematic process instance, click "Retry", then a popup of all the versions of your process will pop up.  Just select the newest version and you're done.

14141i59188999B54BAD40.jpg

Note: I don't believe this works for integrated InfoPath forms.  That's much messier to do :(

Is there anyway to update already assigned Task with redeployment version of Workflow?

We have some enhancement in the redeployed version and already running task should be updayed with the enhancement ?

Please enlighten on this?

Use this tool as mentioned in earlier posts.

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Process-version-migration-utility/ba-p/785