Skip to main content

Symptoms

After we upgraded to 4.6.10, PDF Converter Smart Object - Create PDF From URL throws an error when Conversion Delay Set to higher than 60 Seconds.

In 4.6.8 version, we have workflow running with 80 seconds and they are working fine. After the upgrade it throws the error as shown in the attachment.

If the parameter changed to below 60s, it works but some forms are big and PDF may not be completely generated and it is why we used 80 seconds.
Is there anyway we could fix it?

Diagnoses

Increase the Navigation timeout and ensure you are using webkit.

Resolution

In order to increase the navigation timeout you must add the following line of code to the K2HostServer.exe.config file. The value portion of the code is listed in seconds.

Please open your K2 Host Server Log, located at aInstallDrive]Program Files(x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinK2HostServer.exe.Config and add the following line of code:

Once you make this change, you will need to restart the K2HostServer for it to take effect.

-= This fixed the issue=-

If this does not get you what you need, you can use a PDF control to convert your form to a PDF. This functionality is better suited for capturing forms to a PDF without requiring service level authentication. As I have not seen your solution, I'd recommend you have a look at some documentation before implementing it. Documentation can be found here:
http://help.k2.com/helppages/K2smartformsUserGuide1.0.7/default.htm_PDF_Control.html?Highlight=PDF control

In the future, if we provide you with a cold fix, or there is an upgrade that overwrites the K2HostServer.exe.config file, you will need to add this change back in.

Hello, I'm having the same problem. Have you developed the    hotfix or can you tell me which line of code I have to change/add in the    host server config file?