Skip to main content

My client wants to use Nintex Mobile, authenticating directly onto their SharePoint server.

Their policies prevent us from getting Nintex Live working, so we need to know if Nintex Mobile can be used in this scenario WITHOUT Nintex Live? ie, authenticating directly to SharePoint through their firewall.

Hi Dave,

I was under assumption that you have to have live in your environment to use Nintex Mobile, but it seems is not a correct one!

Signing in Nintex Mobile

However, if you have live enabled you still have to register your users for mobile product otherwise they won't be able to use any other authentication.

Regards,

Shahrzad

Hi Dave,

I was able to use Nintex Mobile without getting my Nintex Live up and running. Nintex Live required certain firewall rules to be opened and a valid internet account on the SharePoint server.  The Nintex Mobile app does need a connection to the company network.  So you can make the Nintex app connect to the SharePoint server by:

1. Downloading the VPN software for the company (we use Cisco Anyconnet) and connecting to the network via the VPN first and then pointing the app directly (with IP address) to the SharePoint server in the sign-in details.  We manage to get this option working.

2. Connecting the phone or tablet to the company Wi-Fi and then pointing the application directly to the SharePoint server with IP address.

3. We don't have this but in theory if you have Microsoft EMS you can wrap the Nintex Mobile application with VPN settings that will let it connect to the network first and then allow you to connect to the SharePoint server.

Either which way, the Nintex Mobile Application needs to be connected to the environment where your application is linked.

Let me know if you need more information.

Francois is correct. And if your SharePoint site is available externally without the need of VPN, then you can use Corporate Account (domain/username) to access without the need for live.

Also confirming that you can use mobile without live setup as we've done so in the past.