Nintex Mobile supports three ways of authentication:
- Corporate Account: Choose this method when you want to connect directly to your on-premises SharePoint instance.
- Microsoft Account: Choose this method when your SharePoint server is not available on the internet and you are using Nintex Live as a gateway between the Nintex Mobile apps and your on-premises intranet.
- Office 365 Account: Choose this method when you want to connect the Nintex Mobile apps to your Office 365 tenancy running Nintex Forms for Office 365.
Signing in with a Corporate Account
A Corporate account is used when connecting directly to your SharePoint environment over a VPN, or when your SharePoint server is available on the Internet. If you know the URL of your SharePoint server, and you have a secure connection to it, you may want to use your corporate account for signing in to Nintex Mobile and access to forms and tasks assigned to you.
To sign in with a corporate account, you will need to provide:
- Username: Your corporate network account.
- Password: The password used for connecting to your corporate account.
- URL: The full address of your SharePoint server.
- Domain: The name of your corporate network domain. This information is optional.
If you do not know the above details, contact your IT Administrator.
Signing in with Microsoft Account
If you use Nintex Live as a gateway to your SharePoint server, you do not need to specify the SharePoint URL. Instead, you will need a Microsoft account to sign into Nintex Mobile. Nintex Mobile uses Nintex Live to talk to your SharePoint server over a secure connection via the Azure service bus. This is achieved securely, and does not require a VPN connection.
Your Microsoft account is the email address and password used to sign in to services such as Windows 8 devices, as well as Skype, OneDrive, Xbox LIVE, or Outlook.com. If you use an email address and password to sign in to these services, you have a Microsoft account.
If you do not have a Microsoft account, you can sign up for a new one before signing in to Nintex Mobile. Before using your Microsoft account to sign in to Nintex Mobile, you must register your account with Nintex Live.
To register your account with Nintex Live, please execute the following steps, which will guide you through the process to associate your Microsoft account with the account you use to sign in to Share:
- Sign in to your SharePoint portal.
- Click on your SharePoint user name in the top-right hand corner and select Nintex Mobile Apps.
- Click on Register with Nintex Live.
- On the Register with Nintex Live page, select Sign in or register to Windows Live.
- You will be directed to the Microsoft account sign in page, where you can sign in or create a new account.
Once the registration is complete, you can use your Microsoft account for signing in to Nintex Live and access forms and tasks assigned to you.
Signing in with Office 365 Account
An Office 365 account is used when connecting the Nintex Mobile Apps to an Office 365 tenancy that is using Nintex Forms for Office 365. To sign in to an Office 365 tenancy, you will need to:
- Click on the Office 365 account button. At the prompt, enter the URL of the Office 365 tenancy you wish to connect to:
Please note, the tenancy URL should be the address of a site within your Office 365 environment that you have access to and that the Nintex Forms for Office 365 app has been installed within. Examples of valid URLs include https://tenantname.sharepoint.com/sites/sitename or https://tenantname.sharepoint.com.
2. Click Next, once the tenant URL has been validated you will then be directed to the Office 365 Organizational Account sign in page, where you can complete the sign-in to Office 365.
Create a trial account
A trial account can be created for evaluating the Nintex Mobile apps without provisioning a SharePoint site with Nintex Forms and Nintex Workflow.
On activation of a trial account, a unique username and password are assigned to you to connect to an existing demo environment based on SharePoint 2013. You can then use the Corporate Account method to authenticate into the demo environment provisioned for you by Nintex.
A trial account is valid for 30 days from the time of activation.