Skip to main content

Symptoms

Installation Issues. I installed BlackPearl and SmartForms onto my DEV server and have several issues. I installed PROD with a K2 installer (Dewald Bester) using Remote Services credits. We recorded the web meeting and I used that as a template for the install. The configuration analysis of both products reports no errors and the services are running. However not everything is working.

1. SSL for Services and SmartForms sites not working. Says “The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)” even when I have removed all other 443 SSL bindings.

2. If I add an http:80 binding to Services website (Workspace) and manipulate the URL in the browser, Workspace works, but I cannot get SmartForms/Designer to work at all, even without SSL.

3. In the configuration analysis it points out the following two things as “informational”, not errors. I don’t know what to do with them:
a. Visual Studio 2010 Web Deployments install? I have VS 2015 installed.
b. SmartObject Services install.

4. https://URL/EWS/Exchange.asmx doesn't work for EWS URL in DEV even though it discovered it in the setup, and it's the same URL for PROD where it does work.

Diagnoses

Looking at the error _1 the port for specified for the SSL must be in use by some application. Using a different port let us use the certificate. For issue _2 has to do with the realm tables and the Values on it which can be fix by running the Setup for SmartObject.

Issue _3 Can be safely ignored if since they are only informational.

Issue _4 References the EWS exchange account. It must have a valid mailbox and be able to login into it.

Resolution

Issue _1 got resolved after uninstalling Hp load runner which was using the port 443. we used netstat -nao to see which processes were using the port. After obtaining the process ID we opened task manager and discovered that HP Load Runner was the culprit. Removing it let us use the port 443 for the SSL and start the K2 Workspace and Smartforms sites as is should.

Issue _2 Got resolved after running the SmartForms setup manager and selecting the correct Bindings.

Issue _3 are just informational so they can be safely ignored.

Issue _4 Was due the fact that the Account used for the Mailbox was locked out. After unlocking it and running the Setup once more it got locked again. Using the ConnectionStringEditor and adding the password for the user on the EWS settings resolved the issue.

Be the first to reply!