Skip to main content

I am wondering how the form data would be stored? I assume it stores it to a database, but i am not quite sure where to find this database and how to integrate it with a different database like Sharepoint (sql). Can anyone point me in the right direction of where this data is located and some integration (saving) data possiblities?

thanks!

Hello,

I believe if you go to the K2 Knowledge Base, you may find some useful resources there that may help you. Here are some relevant places to start:

K2 smartforms Architecture

K2 smartforms (scroll down to "Further information" for some great additional resources)

Best of luck!

Alyssa,

Thanks for the response, Basically i am trying to get it to when a user fills out a form, it reports all of the information back to a list, and im not quite sure how to do that. Still doing research so any response is apperciated!

Thanks!

One of the easiest ways to get the Form saved to a SharePoint list is to do a PDF conversion via the PDF converter and plug it into your list that way.

Scott,

You might have to give us a little more information.  Your backend data source can commonly be: SQL, SharePoint or K2.  Have you built or have been building something based on a learning module or something that is already in place?  The nice part about working with an app like K2 is that you can render and submit a form using multiple data sources.

If you can give us a screen shot of what your looking at, we might be able to guide you in the right direction.

Thanks,

David

It depends on what you're talking about.  A form's information like ID, Display Name, Runtime URL suffix, etc. are stored in Form.Form and various neighobring tables.  If you're asking about where input data is stored, like David said, you can point it to multiple sources.