Adding new user to a process.

• 17 January 2006
  • 7 replies

Badge +2
Dear All,

Can anyone guide me how to add a new user to the existing process using k2Manger?

7 replies

Badge +11
Not sure what you want to do - please elaborate...

Do you want to add a user to an existing 'running' process instance through K2Mng?
Do you want to add a user and assign permissions through K2.net Service Manager?
Do you want to add a new user to physically participate in a process i.e. redirect current items to a new user?

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +7
Do you mean adding a user via the K2.net Service Manager ?

If yes:

Open K2.net Service Manager
Expand your K2.net Server Group
Expand your K2 Server
Expand Processes
Expand your K2 Project
Double click on your Process
Double Click Users
Click Add Users
Search you AD for the Users you wnat to add
Click OK
Give Perimissions to your user

Hope this helps.
Badge +2
I want to add a user and assign permissions through K2.net Service Manager programatically using asp.Net?
Badge +11
In your Asp.Net solution, reference the K2Mng assembly and refer to the Help file for samples on setting user permissions through the K2Manager class.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +2
Thank you. I want to add the new user to the process programatically (using Asp.Net). Is it possible?
I have made a search of users from AD. But I want to know how to add them to the process.

Regards,
Minor.
Badge +11
Sure you can do it programmatically through Asp.Net code.

To get the users from AD, you can either use the normal .NET DirectoryServices class or the K2Mng.K2Manager.GetUsers method.

To add the user to a specific process and assign permissions, have a look at the K2Mng.K2Manager.UpdateProcUserPermissions method.

Remember, in order to use the K2Manager class, you will first need to log in to the K2.net Server (K2Mng.K2Manager.Login method) with the credentials of a user that has Administrative rights on the K2.net Server.

Hope this helps,
Ockert
Badge +2
Thank You Guys. I have got it.