Configuring a Workflow to check the Date on a SharePoint Library

• 19 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +10

Hi

What I'm trying to do is to set up a Workflow which will check the date input when uploading a contract into a SharePoint Library called 'New Starter Process' then if the date is within a week an email is sent out to a Manager. 

From a previous question posted on here it's been suggested that I create a Date using the Calculate Date Action at 7 days in the future then query it against the relevant date field which makes sense.

Here's the Workflow as it stands:

The Calculate Date stores the date in the Variable in CheckDate.

I've created the Variables: CheckDate (Date and Time) and CollectedHRDates. So in the first Query List I've configured it to check the Leave Date against the CheckDate Variable 

Great, but how should I configure the second Configure Action? Also when it comes to the Notification in the body of the email I can't put in any references to the Library fields? Any help gratefully received!

1 reply

Badge +10

I can see that if I set up a Workflow on the Library itself then the email notification can access the Library Columns, but  do I need to have the Workflow running on the site to schedule it to run daily?