What rights does an Approver in a Workflow need?

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Can anyone definitely tell me what rights an Approver needs in a workflow?

I am setting up multiple task groups for different departments, but upon testing, the managers (Approvers) are not getting the emails. Is there specific rights they need to the process/workflow for them to receive the notification?

It all works fine if i use my own userID, but I have all rights to the server etc, but just wanting to make sure that the Approvers have the bare minimum rights for the form to function.

The Approvers will be expected to recieve a notification when a request comes in, then reply via email using approved or declined, that is all.

Thanks.

3 replies

Badge +8

At a minimum, approvers would need View Participate rights on the process.  This would allow them to view only those process instances in which they participated.

If someone needs to be able to view all process instances, regardless of whether or not they participated, they should be granted View rights on the process.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Thank you, appears to be working

Badge +4

Hi Sharharp1,

Pleas have a look at the following documentation showing the required permissions for when and what you need to do:

This will give you an overview of what permissions is required with all the different ways of interaction.

http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlgettingstarted4.6.7/webframe.html#permissions.html

Hope this helps for further future use.

Regards

Quintin