HowTo create a View that includes the URL of the ViewFlow and URL of WorkListItems of Approval SMO ?

• 21 December 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +10

I have a SMO in a MS-SQL Database for a Simple Request for Travel Approval.

Everything seems to working fine, however, I like to create some kind of DashBoard or Summary of the Existing Requests.

In this (Report ) View, like to inlcude the URL's of the existing [ ViewFlow and the WorkList Item ]

The idea is to offer:

1) the possibility of click and see in which part of the process is each item.

2) The second link will let click and open the URL for WorkFlow Approval in case they lost the email for Approve/Reject Action or URL.

I was able to put the Workflow Instances Grid control and have the URL of the ViewFlow. [ I saw some post where this can be linked to another view to reflect in the same page that would be really handy ]. How can we add the URL for the existing workflow to let the use approve if needed.

:: Playing with Sharepoint noticed that is possible from their web interface, but not sure when SMOs is MS-SQL and not in Sharepoint. 

I was thinking to use the workflow to update the ITEM and update the URL for the WorkList Item... sounds like a hack... but that will give me the URL and put in the item. In that case the challenge will be only to get the view Flow in the list which could updated in a similar way...

Any ideas ???