Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jay_shah
Nintex Newbie

query excel services action returning "The workbook cannot be opened." error

Jump to solution

Hi so i have this workflow action that query a workbook. but when i test the connection to excel services via the query excel services, the conection returns as "ok" but when i test the whole action i get the error:

"The execution returned an unexpected error.
The workbook cannot be opened."

I have checked all the permissions from the secure store service account to excel serveice account trusted account settings.

i also used my personal account to manually open the excel sheet from the library it opens, if i run my credentials through the workflow, it fails with the same error.

any ideas on what i should trouble shoot next?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mlauer
Nintex Newbie

Re: query excel services action returning "The workbook cannot be opened." error

Jump to solution

Please check workbook path. If You have copied link from document library it does contain query string '?Web=1'. Then You get this error message.

0 Kudos
jay_shah
Nintex Newbie

Re: query excel services action returning "The workbook cannot be opened." error

Jump to solution

unfortunately this is not the case. the URL, of the work book i am using to test, dose not have the query string. "siteurl"/CellPhoneExcelFiles/August%202016%20Test.xlsx

0 Kudos
jay_shah
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

the service account needed dbo permissions on the content databases.

0 Kudos