Import K2 2003 .Net Process

• 10 April 2008
  • 9 replies

Badge +3
My company is migrating from K2 .Net 2003 to K2 BlackPearl. Is it possible to import the .kpr file into K2 Designer for Visual Studio so it will be upgraded to BlackPearl's .kprx format? I tried opening the file and it just shows me binary data.  

9 replies

Badge +3
Is there any tool that can convert the K2 .Net 2003 process definition file to K2 BlackPearl? 
Badge +6

Hi there,

Yes, you should be able to do this IF you have the K2.net 2003 interop templates installed on your machine. So K2.net 2003 studio must be installed on your machine and if you installed it after BP you will have to run the BP config wizard again and restart the machine. To test if the interop templates work, open a BP project in the K2 for VS.net designer and see if you can see the 2003 event templates in the K2 toolbox. If not, right click on the toolbox and click "Reset Toolbox".

Once the 2003 templates display correctly in the K2 toolbox, you should be able to upgrade your old projects to BP. In VS open new project and in the file type drop down select "K2.net 2003 solution (*.ksn)" and browse to your 2003 ksn file. This will launch the upgrade wizard which will upgrade your process for use in BP.

HTH,

Badge +3

Hi,

Managed to get it worked. I have got the process converted from *.kpr to *.kprx. Can I already deploy this to BlackPearl server? As the newly converted processs is still using K2 .Net 2003 activities and events templates, do I need to change them to the BlackPearl templates?

Badge +6
Yup, you can deploy to the BP server and the 2003 templates will continue to run on your BP server.
Badge +3

I am unable to locate the Interop templates. How do I find out if K2.net 2003 Interop template is installed?I have reconfigured BP and Studio is also installed. But still  I am unable to open existing processes in Blackpearl.

Badge +3
icon-quote.gifAravindhkrishna:

I am unable to locate the Interop templates. How do I find out if K2.net 2003 Interop template is installed?I have reconfigured BP and Studio is also installed. But still  I am unable to open existing processes in Blackpearl.

Badge +9
As mentioned above, you need to install K2.net 2003 Studio SP4 (and any relevant templates you want to use).  Preferably install K2 blackpearl after this and when you launch the K2 designer for Visual Studio, you should see the K2.net 2003 templates in the toolbox.
Badge +3
Thank you. The problem got resolved by uninstalling K2 2003 and reinstalling only the studio component. Reconfigured K2 designer for VS. The templates were visible after that and the files got converted to kprx.
Badge +9
No worries.  Glad to hear that you got that sorted.