cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to i get the person's full name from Person or Group list?

When using Person or Group list item, I can search for a user and validate the person using Check Names, but when I use the value in a Nintex Workflow it always evaluates to 'domain\CompanyUserID'. Is there a function I can wrap the value in to return the common name?

*update* I see Initiator Display Name, but he/she is technically not garanteed to be the initiator. Is there perhaps another display name function to call against the Person or Group value?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: how to i get the person's full name from Person or Group list?

You can use the userprofileservice.asmx to retrieve other properties from the user profile service.  Another thing is to set our column in the list to display the full name, email, etc and when its outputted to your list, it will render correctly there. 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks Eric. I literally just discovered a fix for this which i found to be quite simple. I created a variable, added a Set Variable condition and set the variable to the user, then created a second Set Variable condition and set the variable equal to [Workflow Data] [Variable - Display Name]

espradli
Nintex Newbie

Jay that is how I always do it.

Automation Master
Automation Master

You are correct Jay, and Emily provides a good example. For more information and examples, please see Using the Format this Value Feature

0 Kudos