create a word document invoked by an action in a form

• 4 October 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I have a nintex form which has a staff members appraisal information. Within the form there is a checkbox, if ticked then I would like a workflow invoked, by the ticking of this checkbox and it creates a word document template and saves it into a specified document library with specific permissions.

Is this doable ? 

Thanks

Priya

6 replies

Badge +11

Hi ,

This is certainly doable. 

You first need a document library with a document content type. Add the field to the library that you want to populate from the list form. Add these fields on the Word document content type as content controls. Content controls are found in Developer tab. If you do not see this tab, then go to Word options and enable it from there.

The workflow startup condition would be when your checkbox = Yes. Then use Create item to create document in the library using the content type that you have created. Populate the fields for the document using the content from the list form.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need more details.

Badge +4

Hi Kapil,

Thanks for the information I was trying to implement your solution in my dev environment and have realised that the checkbox i am referring to is actually a choice field created within the sharepoint list. So the staff member can have either when checked so how can I get your solution to work on a choice field ?

Only when a particular choice gets selected out of the list of 2 within that field would I want a document created.

Is this possible ?

Badge +11

For e.g. you have a choiceField with 2 options:

choice1

choice2

And these are check boxes-multiselect. So you can either select 1 or both. If you want to trigger workflow when choice 2 is selected, irrespective of whether choice1 is selected or not, in that case, your start up condition for the workflow would be, choiceField <Contains> choice2.

Badge +11

, Please let us know if the solution worked for you. Please suggest your solution or mark the appropriate answer as correct.

Badge +4

Hi Kapil,

Apologies I haven't had the chance to implement your solution will test it out and let you know.

Thanks

Badge +4

Sorry Kapil for the late response.

I did not implement your solution, due to time constraints our third party vendors helped with a solution which I am now currently testing.

thanks again for your advice.

Priya