Queue not working

• 8 May 2006
  • 1 reply

Badge
Hi!

I am using queues in my workflow. I have one queue which contains one Active Directory Group. Active Directory Group contains 2 users (User1 and User2).

User1 has all permitions except "Start" permission for my workflow process.
User2 has all permitions for my workflow process.

I chacked "Create a slot for each destination." option the activity that uses my quese.

When I run the workflow on my computer than it runs with no problem. It puts a new task in tasklists of User1 and User2. But when I export my workflow to our client's server, K2 puts a new task only in User1 tasklist.

Where did I get wrong?

Thank you,
Marc

1 reply

Badge +11
Hi Marc,

I would strongly recommend opening a formal support ticket for this. Just a couple of things to keep in mind...

1. Make sure the AD Group actually contains both users, User1 and User2
2. Permissions like 'Admin', 'Start', 'View', 'View Participate', etc. has got NOTHING to do with worklist items being assigned and permissions of a user to interact with a specific process. These permission pertain to whether or not a user is allowed to Start a workflow process and/or View reports of the specific process.
3. 'Admin' permissions are 'all-encompassing' (if that's the right word) i.e. 'Admin' permissions will automatically give a user 'Start', 'View', 'View Participate' and 'Server Event' permissions.
4. 'Create a Slot for each Destination User' also has got nothing to do with whether or not a worklist item is assigned to a specific user. If/When a user is part of the Destination Rule, he/she SHOULD see a worklist item in the tasklist irrespective of number of slots.
5. If you're sure that User1 and User2 are both part of the AD Group, try to refresh the Destination Queue manually from K2.net Service Manager and try again.

Hope this helps,
Ockert