How to delete workflows instances w/o getting error message?

• 15 February 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +10

Hi all,

I have a page with a huge amount of running workflows. I want to get rid of them (approx. 350 running workflow instances...):

How can I do so, without getting all those "The workflow has ended unexpectedly..." error messages?

Is there any chance?

Cheers

mai-kel

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

disable workflow notifications?

Badge +10

Do you mean error notifications? In fact it is no error - it's just the info message that a user doesn't need to do anything (more). Another point: does changing that general setting has an effect on already running workflows?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

yes, I meant error notifications.

messages like "The workflow has ended unexpectedly..." or "workflow cancelled" are error notifications and can be switched off in site settings. the setting applies at the moment of event, so as well for running workflows

messages like 'response not required' are configured within each task action and you can not disable them for already running tasks/workflows. you need to change task action setting and republish workflow to disable them.

Badge +10

I already thought so, yes.

What I just discovered: if you delete the workflow, all running instances, tasks, etc will be deleted as well. Therefor the user will not get any notification(s)....

Badge

So, for clarification, if I delete workflow from the workflow inventory of the site, all running workflow instances will be terminated?