Nintex workflow to open a PDF document in SharePoint

Badge +3

I have a workflow that is built in Nintex. It is a message for notification that an approver needs to electronically sign a PDF document from SharePoint. When I access the document directly from SharePoint, it opens in PDF. However, when I access it through the email message from the Message notification, it opens the document in a browser, not enabling someone to sign the PDF using their credentials. I have added a work around where it takes the user to the library to access the form, but would like the user to access the document from the link that is pulling the Item URL. I perform the original action using a Word document where it opens it up in Microsoft Word, but the PDF document won't.  Thoughts?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Is this PDF housed in a SharePoint Document Library? How are you formatting the link? Is there a reason not to just attach the document to the email?

Badge +3

The PDF is housed in the document library that was added there by the person who wants it approved. It kicks a workflow off, the person would access the link by clicking on the hyperlink and would sign it if it access the PDF document vs it being in the browser. Yes, I am formatting the link.

v/r

Preston Barrett

Preston Barrett

System Redesign Coordinator

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

When you say "it opens in PDF" when you access it directly from SharePoint, do you mean it downloads? Is the document library set to download docs by default rather than open them in the browser?