Query Excel Services Authorization Error

• 1 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi, I am trying to create list items in Sharepoint 2013 using a Excel Workbook. My plan was to follow this example, saving each column of my worksheet in a collection variable and create a new item list for each loop. 

Before going into details with my error, I would also like to know if it is possible to allow the user to choose an excel workbook they uploaded to a document library in an infopath form and save the workbook path to use in the Query Excel Services action?

While I was configuring the very first Query Excel Service action I got multiple Status 401 Unauthorized errors. I was using my own windows username and password (since our site is a company site and all users have company laptops).

Thing is, there are times where I can execute the action and I get my values but there are times where I just get the same 401 error. I am worried that if I continue working and launch the workflow the users will have the same fate, it working some times and then throwing errors. 

When I just wrote my username and password I got errors only but then I went and created a credential constant in Manage Constant under the Nintex Workflow Manangement in site settings as detailed by Kapil Joshi here and it started to work occasionally as I detailed before.

I am obviously doing something wrong here. 

I cant access the Central Administration, I am just an employee that thought of using Nintex - Sharepoint to automate some processes. 

1 reply

Badge +2

No input for this? I still need help, please.