Unable to Create a New Nintex Workflow or Open Nintex Workflow Manager

• 8 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi everybody, there's been a few days that any of my workflows doesn't start, neither automatically nor manually. I can't even create a New Workflow or open Nintex Workflow Manager from the list settings. The error is: Sorry, something went wrong, as you expect! I searched the correlation ID in the ULS log and the result is as follows:

Timestamp               Process                                  TID    Area                           Category                       EventID Level      Message 
11/07/2020 11:07:41.54  Nintex.Workflow.Start.Service.e (0x0CB8) 0x1684 Nintex Workflow Start Service  Information                    0 Verbose  Calling API to get farm connection string
11/07/2020 11:07:41.54  Nintex.Workflow.Start.Service.e (0x0CB8) 0x1684 Nintex Workflow Start Service  Unexpected                     0 Unexpected There was an error getting the Farm connection string:System.InvalidOperationException: LiveTokenProvider requires Live to be installed and activated     at Nintex.Workflow.ExternalStart.ExternalStartExtensions.GetLiveTokenGenerator()     at Nintex.Workflow.Start.ApiClient.GetLiveToken()     at Nintex.Workflow.Start.ApiClient.GetClient()     at Nintex.Workflow.Start.ApiClient.Execute(IRestRequest request)     at Nintex.Workflow.Start.ApiClient.Execute[T](IRestRequest request)     at Nintex.Workflow.Start.Service.ServiceProcess.GetConnectionString()

In addition, all running workflows throws an error with this log: "Failed to start workflow. There is an error in XML document (105, 42)."

I checked the Health checker in both Central Admin and Nintex Management section, nothing seems to be wrong. The FE and App servers were rebooted but the issue is still there. I can't figure out what's behind these errors. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

The errors in regards to Nintex.Workflow.Start.Service are not related to your issue as this service is not used to start workflows despite its name.
If you post your logs here I can check them.
If not you can create a case with Nintex support by emailing support@nintex.com
Badge +1

Hi @SimonMuntz 

Thanks for your reply. I found these log rows in the ULS file based on the Correlation ID of the error. However, if you mean the ULS file itself, I attached the last file here, which I copied before it exceeds the 5 MB limit. 

I really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Nothing really jumps out at me in the logs but then again the logs are from only one server.