My first WorkFlow! Authority issue when initiating...

• 13 November 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

By using the "Timesheet Approval Process using the Web Designer" document, I was able to create my very first workflow!

Now, I'm having a problem getting it to run.

When I initiate the workflow, I see this:

An instance of the Timesheet Approval workflow could not be started. Review the
event viewer for detailed information

The event viewer shows this error:

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    K2 SharePoint Workflow Integration
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    0
Date:        11/13/2009
Time:        2:26:03 PM
User:        N/A
Computer:    CDSRV12
Description:
An error has occurred in NewWorkflowActivated_Invoked

Error Details: K2.net Server error occured, The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

at SourceCode.SharePoint.Workflow.Proxy.K2Runtime.StartProcess(K2IntegrationItem k2IntegrationItem, SPWorkflowActivationProperties Properties)
   at SourceCode.SharePoint.Workflow.Proxy.MultipleTasksAndUsers.NewWorkflowActivated_Invoked(Object sender, ExternalDataEventArgs e)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Tom.

Hayward, CA

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Can you provide a description of your environment is it a standalone or distributed? If it is a distributed environments with Kerberos enabled, double check your delegation. MOSS delegates to RuntimeServices and then RuntimeServices delegate to the K2 server SPN.

If you have a MOSS farm setup, check that K2 is configured to use the MOSS farm address...maybe rerun the configuration manager and ensure this.

Badge +1

Hi Vernon,

We have a pretty simple setup.. WSS 3.0 on a standalone server Win2003 R2

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Make sure the site is added under 'Trusted Sites' on your remote machine and set the Security levels for this zone to LOW.  Open Custom level and go right down to the bottom, under User Authentication make sure the radio button is in the “Automatically logon with current user..”. Also, under Advanced   Internet Options, make sure 'Enable Integrated Windows Authentication (requires restart)' is checked.

Make sure that 'Authenticated Users' has got 'Modify' permissions on [WINDOWS]Microsoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322Temporary ASP.NET Files

Make sure that you've done the 'DisableLoopbackCheck' registry change:

Follow these steps to disable the “loopback” check:

1.            Click Start | Run and then type “regedit”, and click “OK”.

2.            In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key: ”HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlLsa”

3.            Right-click “Lsa”, point to New, and then click the “DWORD” value.

4.            Type “DisableLoopbackCheck”, and then press “Enter”.

5.            Right-click “DisableLoopbackCheck”, and then click “Modify”.

6.            In the Value data box, type 1, and then click “OK”.

7.            Quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer

Verify that the web site's NTAuthenticationProviders setting is set to "NTLM" only.