cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suniltamanekar
Nintex Newbie

Want to print a Form, what are different options available.

We want to print a Task Form after final approval.  What are the different options available.  Recently I read on community post that "Print to PDF" option is available, however, I did not find any such control.

Can community member help me.

Thanks

Labels: (1)
16 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Want to print a Form, what are different options available.

Hi Sunil,

If you are talking about the nintex workflow. you can convert the document once it has been published or submitted.

you will be available with "Convert document " action inside Lists and Libraries.

convert document action provides you varies options as shown below. but note that if your form is too big in size takes time to convert.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Nintex forms "Print to PDF" is only available in the Enterprise version of Nintex Forms.

suniltamanekar
Nintex Newbie

Thanks Manjusha and Ryan,

@Manjusha, Is it possible to print Task Form using control Convert Document?  Tried to configure this control, it ask for Source URL.

Also I found a post by Michal Petersen and configured Button accordingly and it printed form in PDF.

Re: Print to PDF with Javascript

Michael PetersenDreamer

Hi,

I finally found the code to call.

NWF.FormFiller.PrintToPDF.PrintToPDF();

I will try to use option given by you also.

Thanks

Sunil

Not applicable

Hi Sunil,

You should be able to give the source location as the location where you have saved your document. I gave it as sharepoint list where i have submitted my document after approval. for the output URL you should giv destination location where you want to save your converted document. It should be in the format of below

location/documentname.pdf

in my case i gave it as sharepoint site url/list name/ folder name/filename.pdf

suniltamanekar
Nintex Newbie

Hi Manjusha,

Thanks for your support.  I have created a custom form on the List.  When the workflow starts it calls this custom form.  The user (Initiator) fills up the form and submit.  The form will be available to approvers. Approvers makes their decision of Approve or Reject and gives comments and submits.  On each stage I never save the form.  Also am not aware where the form is getting stored.  Is their any process to save the form separately.  Will you please tell how to save in the list and/or any folder on the site?

Thanks

Sunil

Not applicable

Hi Sunil,

If i am correct you are using Nintex forms (or) info path forms, from Nintex workflows you are sending them for approve.

May i know what Nintex workflow action you are using to send this form ?

You can see this approval forms added in SharePoint Lists "Pending" or "Tasks", when the form is send for approval & before signoff. I think even after approving also you can see them in "Tasks" List.

If you have customized these forms you can save/submit them to separate SharePoint list/library what ever you want.

suniltamanekar
Nintex Newbie

Hi Manjusha,

Yes, I am using Nintex forms and from Nintex workflows sending them for approval.

I am using workflow action "Assign Flexi Task" and set up custom form in the action by using ribbon button "Edit forms"

All approvers forms are set up throguh Assign Flexi Task action.

I checked in SharePoint Lists Tasks, but it has no records.  Instead found record in SharePoint List "Workflow Tasks"

Will you please guide how to save/submit forms to separate list/library?

Thanks

Not applicable

hi Sunil,

I haven't used Nintex forms before, i use info path forms.

But i am sure you will have something in nintex for data connection where you will be asked for submit data (or) receive data.

This page Submit and save form data - InfoPath helps to understand how to submit final signed off form (info path )to different locations. Like this you will be given with different options in nintex forms as well. Please check them.

Automation Master
Automation Master

You cannot save a form to a separate library with configuration in Nintex. The form represents the list item for various types of Nintex Workflow content types that will be created in the Workflow Tasks list.

If you wanted to move a list item to another list you'd need to create that target list and add the same Site Columns that exist in the workflow tasks list and the content type of the item you are looking to copy, and then copy the list item using workflow.

I'm not sure to what end this would be beneficial. For printing, if you do not have Nintex Forms enterprise, your best options are CSS.

Make Your Site Printer-friendly with CSS | AddThis Blog