Listing Repeating Section Entries and Validation Repeating Section and Attachments

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi all,

Nintex form and SharePoint 2013 - on-prem

Non Workflow

I have a repeating section with a single line text box field (Name).

I need to be able to 'list' the entries from the Name field (above) in another repeating section field i.e. drop down because against each name I need to attach multiple documents and then validate the documents have been attached.

How can I list the named individuals in the 1st repeating section named  field in a control named in the second section?

A basic validation for attachments I can do as a count (if that can be done on a form).

Better would be to validate against a specific name and specific document type if required i.e. Person A has to have selected a valid passport and Person B has to have also selected a valid passport from the document drop down control ?

1st repeating section

2nd Repeating section with a name and document type drop down. I've manually added the names from the above to the rows below.  The attachment control is outside of the repeating section because I can't add that control to a repeating section.

Any ideas ?

Thank You

Andrew

7 replies

Badge +7

Hi, 

You can do this with JavaScript. If you want to proceed, I can do it for you happy.png.

Regards,

Philip

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Philip,

Yes please as I think JS is my only option.

It add to it, the document types which need to be selected would be based on fields called legal status and risk.

i.e. legal status = corporate, risk = high, then I'd need 1 passport, 1 drivers licence etc. I've got 6 or so legal status.

Thank you.

Badge +7

Great, you will have the solution soon happy.png.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

wow - thank you.

Depending on the legal status and risk - this will dictate which documents I need

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

are you aware of you can nest repeating sections one into the other?

204598_pastedImage_1.png

that could save you from lot of scripting/problems/complexity...

to check for attachment document types might be a problem. you will not definitely be able to check attachment content.

easiest would check by attachment extension.

then you could setup one attachment control per possible document type and in control setting configure what extension are allowed in which control.

and you could validate if a given control contains as many attachments as selected in users properties.

this will however still not ensure that for a given user there is uploaded given type of document

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks. I did not know I could do that. I'll put something together and do some playing around.

How might I be able to validate against each row. So person 1 has 2 documents, person 2 has 1 document ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I affraid you will not be able to validate this in form at all (regardless of what design you choose). attachment control is totally unrelated to dynamic user entries in repeating section.

you will have to validate whether all the declared documents are really uploaded within workflow.