Problem with Pause Until Date

Badge +1

I have an Expiration Notification workflow where i would like to send the reminder notification 30 days before the expiry date.  I have used the Calculate Date action to get the reminder date as shown below. But this always returns the date with the default time set as 12:00 AM.

For example: 6/19/2017 12:00 AM

So, when i used the action 'Pause Until', this is always checking the current date & time with the reminder date & time.

If i give the Expiry Date is 8/11/2017 and the reminder date shows as 7/12/2017 12:00 AM. So, 'Pause until' action compares the today's date: 7/12/2017 12:22 PM with the reminder date: 7/12/2017 12:00 AM and so, it will not execute the next statements.

So, I don't want to include the time here, please let me know if any one has any suggestions on it.

5 replies

Badge +16

have you tested this and confirmed the "it will not execute the next statements"?

Badge +1

Yes i have tested it & its always checking both date & time, and so its not working

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you describe how does your workflow works and starts?

where do you get date " today's date: 7/12/2017 12:22 PM" from?

I've bad feeling you combine scheduled workflow with pause until which is pointless.

Badge +1

I created the List Workflow (not a site/scheduled workflow) and used the 'Pause until date' action to pause till the expiry date but I found that this action will check the current date & time with the expiry date. So I don't think so, this is the action to use for my requirement. So, I have created the Site Workflow & Scheduled it.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I guess it would work with list workflow as well, if you rounded time down to the midnight.

but ok, if you already have a solution.