cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Updating Form List View from Calculated Form Control

Jump to solution

It seems this has been an issue in the past, from 2-3 years back. 

Simply put, is there a way to reference a form control in CAML script for filtering list views OR is there a way to use a calculated control to filter "By a Control's Value" and update the list view by selected filter control?

I am only assuming that if i can even reference a form control in CAML it would update the list view. 

It seems to me that using a calculated value would work, but it doesnt recieve an update list view request on change. There have been topics on this as well, but no solution to update the list view. 

I have quite a few form list view controls that work fine when filtering "By a Specific Value" from a list column, but in this case i need to lookup an ID and display filtered results within the form before posting to the list columns. 

Filter by control value.pngFilter by CAML.png

QSID = Parsed Lookup

Filter not working.png

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Updating Form List View from Calculated Form Control

Jump to solution

indeed, CAML filter doesn't support to be bound to form controls. 

nor the filtering can be bound to calculated value control, since it doesn't trigger a change event once it gets recalculated.

there is however a solution for your scenario - you can use filter by control value condition and filter directly by lookup control on an ID field.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Updating Form List View from Calculated Form Control

Jump to solution

Sigh, i dont know what to say... other than thank you!

I have struggled with this for hours now and it was as simple as changing the filter control to the actual lookup control instead of parsing it with a calculated control to get the ID. I then just set the "Lookup column filtering" to "By ID" and it works like a charm. 

0 Kudos